Paleo Chicken Fajita Bowl
I can't say it enough. Prepping ahead for lunch will reduce your stress level during the week and, if you choose well, will make your belly happy. Fuel your mind, body and soul with a little planning ahead.
This recipe will yield 4-5 servings of lunch, perfect to prep ahead for the week.
Paleo Chicken Fajita Bowls
Awesome Prep Ahead Meals
- 1.25-1.5 LBS BS Chicken Thighs
- 2 Bell Peppers
- 1 Sweet Onion
- 1 Zucchini
- 2 Avocado
- 3 Limes
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Whole30 Friendly Salsa
- 1 Cup Greens of Choice
- BBQ or Grill Pan
- 1, 8-ounce Container with Lid
- FOR LUNCH PREP: 4-5 Lunch Containers with Lids, plus 4-5 Small Dressing Containers
- FOR DINNER: Large Dinner Bowls
- If using the BBQ, pre-heat to 400.
- Slice 2 bell peppers, 1 sweet onion and 1 zucchini into long even strips.
- In a food processor or blender, combine 2 avocados, juice of 3 limes, 1 tsp garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Blend until smooth, transfer to mason jar or another container and refrigerate. (NOTE: If making ahead for lunch, then divide evenly between dressing containers.)
STOVETOP (or BBQ)
- Heat BBQ or grill pan on medium-high heat. Season chicken thighs with 1 tsp garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Grill until cooked through. Remove from heat, cover with foil.
- In a sauté pan, heat oil of choice over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent. Add bell peppers and zucchini, sauté for another 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Rough chop chicken thighs.
- FOR LUNCH: Add greens of choice to each container, top with the sautéed veggies, chicken and salsa. Divide avocado topping between dressing containers. Seal everything and refrigerate.
- FOR DINNER: Plate greens of choice, top with grilled veggies, chicken, salsa and drizzled with the avocado dressing. Serve.