Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- 4-8 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 Shallot (or small yellow onion)
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Bunch of Parsley
- 5 Sprigs of Thyme
- 1 Can Artichoke Hearts
- 1 4-ounce Can Coconut Cream
- 4-ounces Sundried Tomatoes in Olive Oil
- 4-ounces Tomato Paste
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth (optional: 1 ½ cups broth & ½ cup dry white wine)
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- ½ Tablespoon Pepper
- ¼ Cup Pitted Olives
- 1 Large Oven-Safe Pan
- 1 Large Plate or Bowl
Pre-heat oven to 425.
- Open can of coconut cream, sundried tomatoes in olive oil, tomato paste and 1 can artichoke hearts (and drain).
- Measure out two cups of chicken broth and ¼ cup of pitted olives.
- Finely mince 4 garlic cloves and the leaves of 5 sprigs of thyme. Set aside together.
- Finely chop 1 shallot (or yellow onion).
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Place oven-safe pan on the stove over medium heat, place chicken thighs skin-side down and cook until skin becomes crispy (about 8 minutes), then turn and cook another 6 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to a plate or bowl and return pan to the stove.
- Add sundried tomatoes with the olive oil and chopped onion to the pan and sauté until the onion is translucent. (about 5 minutes)
- Add garlic and thyme, cook another 1 minutes, then add the artichoke hearts, olives and tomato paste, combine well.
- Pour in coconut cream and chicken broth, combine well, add back the chicken, bring to a boil, then transfer to the oven (middle rack).
- Bake 30 minutes in the oven. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Rough chop the leaves of the parsley and sprinkle on top of the chicken.
- Serve with a green veggie like roasted broccoli and some roasted potatoes of choice.
- NOTE: If you are doing this on Prep Day for your week ahead, transfer to a container with lid, seal and refrigerate.
- Enjoy cold with a side salad, or reheat in the oven at 350 for about 10 mi