Crockpot Turkey Ministrone Soup
Crockpot Turkey Ministone Soup
Simply Delicious Crockpot Dish from Eating Clean, Cooking Dirty
- 1 LBS Ground Turkey
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Sweet Onion
- 1 Celery Stalk
- 1 Delicata Squash (or other squash)
- 1/2 LBS Green Beans
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 3 Sprigs of Thyme
- 16-oz Vegetable Broth (or Chicken)
- 1 28-oz Diced Tomatoes with Basil
- 1/4 Cup Sundried Tomatoes (optional)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 TBS Salt
- 1/2 TBS Pepper
- Brown 1 LBS of ground turkey.
- Sauté Pan
- Place the following ingredients in a crockpot, prepped as instructed and in the order they are listed:
- Dice 2 carrots, 1 celery stalk and 1 sweet onion.
- Cut 1 delicata squash in half, remove seeds, then slice into half-moons.
- Slice green beans in half.
- Finely chop 2 garlic cloves.
- Remove leaves from 3 sprigs of thyme, then chop.
- Add the browned ground turkey, 2 bay leaves, 1 TBS salt, ½ TBS pepper, 16-oz vegetable broth, 28-oz diced tomatoes, ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on HI for 4 hours, or low for 6. TIP: I prefer 6 hours.
- Portion out and serve, or transfer to a container and refrigerate up to 7 days.
- Reheat on the stove as desired.
NOTE: this is a great freezer dish. Double the recipe and freeze half in single servings for the perfect lunch meal.
TIP: Change this up with any ground meat.