Denver Frittata Paleo Style
- 11 Eggs
- 2 Green Bell Peppers
- 4 Sliced Uncured Bacon (no sugar added)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3 TBS Coconut (or Olive Oil )
- 2 TBS Ghee (or Butter)
- 4 TBS Cheddar Cheese (optional)
- 1 Oven-Safe Pan
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Dice two green bell peppers, place in a bowl together and set aside.
- Dice 4 slices bacon, place in a sauté pan.
- Shred 4 TBS of cheddar cheese. (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk 11 eggs from the room temp egg, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 TBS coconut oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- In a LARGE oven-safe pan, heat 2 TBS coconut oil plus 2 table ghee over medium-high heat. Sauté bacon until crispy. Add Bell peppers and sauté another 3-5 minutes. Pour egg mix into the pan, turn off heat.
- Top with the shredded cheese. (optional)
- Transfer pan to the oven and bake 30 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
- Once cooled, remove from pan, slice into 6 pieces and serve, OR store in the refrigerator to enjoy throughout the week.
- Ready to eat. Optional reheat 30 seconds in the microwave or 4 minutes in the oven at 350.