It is holy hot right now! Triple digits means that I'm reaching for the chilled and cold dishes any time I can. This dish is yummy, but also so easy to prep ahead and have in the fridge ready to eat any time.
Change it up with peppers, pears or carrots instead of the cucumber and apple slices.
If you're kids are into salmon, this is a great dish to take to school in small 4-oz mason jars. It also makes an AWESOME food for baby.
Dill Salmon Spread with Apple & Cucumber Slices
- 1 LBS Salmon Filet
- 4 Apples
- 2 Cucumbers
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Bunch Dill
- ¼ Cup Paleo Mayo (or make your own)
- 1/8 Cup Coconut Oil
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Cover baking sheet with foil, place salmon filet on it and bake 15 minutes on the middle rack.
- Remove salmon, cover with foil and set aside to cool for about 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the salmon (without skin) and 1/8 cup coconut oil (the warm salmon will melt the oil).
- To the salmon, add ¼ cup mayo, juice of 1 lemon, chopped dill as desired (I use about 1/3 cup chopped) plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to 4 small containers with lids, sprinkle with leftover dill, cover and refrigerate.
- To serve, slice cucumbers into rounds and apple into pieces, enjoy with spread.