Grilled Flank Steak & Asian Citrus Slaw
Active Cooking Time: 15 minutes
TIP: This recipe can be done all at once, or in two parts (as noted). Make the whole recipe on Prep Day and divide it into lunch containers for the week.
Grilled Flank Steak
with Asian Citrus Slaw
- 1.25 – 1.5 LBS Flank Steak
- Pre-shredded Cabbage (Dry)
- 3 Green Onions
- Juice of 2 Lemons
- 2 TBS Toasted Sesame Oil
- 3” Piece of Ginger, Grated
- 4 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 1, 16-ounce Mason Jar (or similar)
- Grate 3” piece of ginger, place in mason jar or small container with lid.
- In the jar with the grater ginger, combine juice of 2 lemons, 2 TBS sesame oil, 4 TBS olive oil, salt and pepper. Cover and shake well to combine, refrigerate up to 7 days.
- BBQ, or Grill Pan
- If you’re using a BBQ, turn it on to medium heat.
- Season flank steak with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- Grill flank steak to preferred doneness. Medium rare is about 5 minutes on one side, then 3 minutes on the other.
- Remove steak from grill or pan, cover with foil and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Slice steak thinly against the grain.
- In a large bowl, combine slaw and half of the dressing, mix to combine.
- SINGLE SERVING: Plate a single serving of slaw, top with grilled steak and add more dressing as desired. Serve
- FAMILY DINNER: Place slaw in a large serving bowl, top with chopped green onion and toss with ½ of the dressing.