What are you having for lunch today? I often find that "what's for lunch?" is a question more complex than the three words implies. If you head to an office every morning, lunch may be the last thing you are thinking about as you rush out the door. For those who are at home during the day with kids, lunch may get on the table for everyone but you. Am I close?
After experiencing both of those scenarios, I decided to put an end to the "what's for lunch?" dilemma and incorporate lunch into my Sunday prep so that our lunches are prepped ahead for the week and all I need to do it toss a container in my purse and go, or stand at the counter and feed myself while others take their leisure at the dining table.
NOTE: the instructions for this salad is based on a Prep Ahead method. Your Prep Day Instructions are what you can do ahead of time, make all four servings at once. The Day Of Instructions is what you do right before you want to eat. In this case, both are short, sweet and fulfilling.
Paleo Hearty Avocado Tuna Salad
- 4 Small Avocados
- 3 Bell Peppers (any color)
- 1 Small Yellow Onion
- 2 Cups Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 TBS Basil
- 1/8 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 4 Cans Tuna
4 Medium Containers with Lids
1 Large Bowl
PREP DAY INSTRUCTIONS
- Dice 3 bell peppers & 1 small onion
- Slice 2 cups cherry tomatoes in half
- Chop 4 TBS Basil
- Add all of the above to a large bowl.
- To the bowl, add 1/8 cup red wine vinegar, ¼ cup olive oil, 1 tsp garlic powder plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide bell pepper tomato mix between 4 medium containers with lids, seal and refrigerate.
DAY OF INSTRUCTIONS
- Take out 1 container of tomato/pepper mix, 1 small avocado and 1 can of tuna
- Open can of tuna and drain liquid. Using a fork, combine the tuna into the salad.
- Peel and dice 1 small avocado, mix into the salad. Serve!