Today is a quick post. Our move happens this coming Saturday and then Stella is going to be with me for a week before we go on vacation and then she starts school. I'm counting next week as a time to focus on her and have some fun together; maybe even get the husband to take a day or two off.
Doing this means that this week, I'm focused on doing almost double the amount of work I usually do. Sounds overwhelming, but in reality it is totally doable. Here are 5 things that I do to optimize my productivity so I can step away when I want to...and a delicious Teriyaki Sauce recipe that will be used in tomorrows insanely awesome recipe post.
5 Ways To Increase Productivity
- Restrict Social Media to 10 Minutes per Day AND Schedule That Time
- Check and Respond Email Twice a Day
- Make a list of the responsibilities I HAVE TO take care of in order to step away for a week and focus ONLY on tasks for those responsibilities.
- Say "No" when a request does not fall into #3
- Prep all our food for the week, so I'm not going hungry or buying crap food
Paleo Teriyaki Sauce
- ½ Cup Coconut Aminos
- ¼ Cup Honey
- Zest of 1 Orange
- Juice of 1 Orange
- 2 TBS Rice Vinegar
- 1” Grated Ginger
- 2 Grated Garlic Cloves
- 1 TBS Sesame Oil
- 1/8 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tsp Tapioca Flour
In a small sauce pan, heat all ingredients, EXCEPT the tapioca flour, over low to medium heat. Do not bring to a boil, but allow to heat up and combine evenly.
Turn off heat. In a small cup, place 4 TBS of the sauce and whisk in the tapioca flour. Pour this mix back into the sauce pan while whisking the sauce quickly.
OPTION 1: Transfer to a mason jar and refrigerate until ready to use.
OPTION 2: Turn heat back on and reduce the sauce on low heat until it thickens to desired thickness. (About 8 minutes)