Sweet Potato Gnocchi
Sweet Potato Gnocchi
Gluten Free and Delightful
I created this recipe for my first Chef's Dinner that I hosted this summer. We had a delightful time with a close group of ladies that were there to relax, converse and delight is a feast. It was so much fun.
Today, I'm sharing the comfort food from that menu. It is filling, delicious and kid friendly. The gnocchi can also be an elegant recipe that will impress your guests.
Are you hosting a dinner party soon? You can get the complete menu including the grocery list, prep instructions, service instructions and each recipe formatted as a single recipe. Click here to get the whole menu.
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 1-1.5 Cups (plus extra) Gluten Free Flour
- 1 TBS Sage
- 2 Cups Micro Greens (or garlic heads)
- 3 TBS Grass Fed Butter
- 3 TBS Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Wrap sweet potato in foil and bake 70 minutes in the oven or until soft.
- Allow potato to cool enough to touch.
- Remove meat and place in a large bowl, discard the skin.
- To the sweet potato, add 1 tsp salt plus 1 cup gluten free flour.
- Knead mix with your hands until it becomes a slightly sticky dough; you will probably need to add more flour ¼ cup at a time to reach the right consistency.
- Place the dough on the counter and mold it into a round flat disk about 8” diameter.
- Using a sharp knife, slice into quarters. Set 3 pieces to the side.
- Roll out the first piece into a long snake about 1” thick.
- Using a knife, cut into ½” pieces and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat with the other pieces and refrigerate the gnocchi until ready to cook.
TIP: If you have too much dough, wrap the extra in wax paper then tightly in two layers of Saran wrap and freeze for up to 3 months.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Take out a fry pan.
- Finely chop 1 TBS sage.
- Place enough gnocchi into the boiling water to about cover the bottom, don’t overcrowd.
- Stir gently to lift them off the bottom. When they float, they are done.
- Heat a pan with 1.5 TBS butter and 1.5 TBS coconut oil, plus ½ the sage.
- As the gnocchi float, add them to the fry pan and sauté about 4 minutes. Transfer to a dish.
- Repeat with the butter, oil and sage until gnocchi are cooked.
- Top with micro-greens.